Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Off to the races

As many of you know, I love to cook except that it is much more than just cooking it is the whole experience of cooking: planning the menu, hitting the grocery store and farmers markets, preparing the meal, setting the table and, most importantly, being able to share my discoveries with family and friends.  At one time, we shared well loved recipes by painstakingly rewriting recipes on pieces of paper or card - today we get to do this electonically, hence the blog.

I, in no way shape or form, consider myself a chef. I do have an interest in cooking and because of this I read recipe books, watch Food TV and try many many things.  I have had many failures over the years. Ask my mother about the time I did not bother to boil the lasgagne noodles BEFORE this was a product that was on the shelf. I prefer to see it as "being ahead of my time" or an experiment in physics rather than a failure. Suffice it to say some people had had to endure many "interesting" meals, including last night when the ribs got a little to crispy!  I think most of the success I have had comes from just being behind the stove and just doing it.

So this is my attempt to blog and share some of the recipes that I have tried out, with a little running commentary on things that I have tired and some solutions to make it a little easier. Where I can remember, I will try to site where I find the recipes that I start with (I rarely finish there) so you can make your own decisions on who to believe!

For those of you who have made the brave decision to follow...welcome and please add your own commentary and photos of what you make.

Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment