Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blueberry Loaf Cake

When I have enough time, I love to make this blueberry loaf to bring as a hostess gift to friends and family who I get to visit.  NEVER have I been turned away when I have this loaf in hand.  Ok I admit it, there may be other reasons why I am not turned away but the loaf is probably the clincher.  I found this recipe on the www.tasteofhome.com website if you want to check it out.
There are so many recipes for blueberry loaf/cake/muffins out there I encourage everyone to find their own. I make it a practice when blueberries are in season to freeze some for the winter. Even this basic recipe can be jazzed up – oatmeal, nuts, etc.
I turned this one last night, add a little whipped cream and some blueberries and raspberries, and la ti da...dessert!
Blueberry Loaf Cake
½ cup
Butter (softened)
1 cup
Sugar
2
Eggs
½ cup
Milk
1 tsp
Vanilla
1 ¾ cup
Flour
1 tsp
Baking powder
Dash
Salt
1 cup
Fresh or frozen blueberries


Topping

2 tsp
Sugar
1 tsp
Cinnamon (ground)

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture, just until moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Pour into greased 9x5 inch loaf pan (or muffin cups). Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes (or 20-25 min for muffins) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
 ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment